Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Night Rockband




Who doesnt love Rockband, right? So, its become official. The Mayfields and the Davis are married. Let me fill you in on my second family. Ever since my husband returned from Operation Iraqi Freedom, or the desert we have made great friends. The Mayfields. Since early October we have spent just about every weekend together.. and there in the beginning we spent almost every day together. I have many many trips I could share with you, considering in Germany you can have open alcohol containers in a vehicle. We have traveled all over Germany visiting Monk Beer places, crazed Halloween castles where I was chased by some freak in a costume, visited crystal factories and spent quite some time in a stau on A9. I have truly fell in love with these people. Its simply impossible to meet a couple that yourself and your husband both like. Usually its the opposite. The wife loves the other wife but the hubbies just dont hit it off. This is not the case with us. We all fit together like a damn puzzle its freakin crazy.

So, back to this rockband situation. Zakary got a wii for his birthday back in July and we have guitar hero. So we brought it over to the Mayfields to let Mike give a whack at it. Sure enough he fell in love with it and decided he was buying Rockband for his playstation,,, the VERY next day he did. HAHA thats right HAD to have it. (Men have obsessions too) Since that moment there has been Rockband Nights.


Here I sit at 9 o'clock on a friday night, watching attentively, my husband and Mike play Rockband. Bare in mind this whole week my husband left for work by 5 am only home long enough to bring me the car back to take Zak to school and drop him back off at work. I have dropped off his lunch all week to him, so no more lunch dates together, and he gets home at 7 to eat his dinner cold after the kids and I have already eaten. He checks his email and showers and kisses me goodnight. Thats been my week with him, I swear I saw him more while he was in Iraq then I do when hes in the bed next to me. Army Life,,, have I mentioned how much I love it haha. Most adults have sitters on Fridays and are out enjoying the German life at pubs and clubs. But for this simple , (ha, very high class) army wife I am truly satisfied watching ROCKBAND!

So, for an easy and fun entertaining friday night go purchase Rockband, for which ever system you have, its so worth it and totally satisfying and terribly addicting too. And gives you alittle bit of adult/child time with the ones you love. In a fun kickin rockin butt kind a way.You get to be the American Idol of your own living room. ROCK OUT!

0 comments: