Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Bedrooms








I love shopping!! I mean I am a die hard shopaholic. When we moved to Germany 2 years ago, my kids had beds. Our son had a toddler bed and my daughter had a crib of course. Well the movers pretty much demolished his poor toddler bed and at one point it was together with duct tape. Our WONDERFUL PX at the time had a small selection of furniture so my husband and I bought a twin mattress and box spring. Of course they didnt have any cheap little metal frames like the ones you get in the states when you get a bed and we figured we would just keep a look out for them to come in. Well, sure enough our PX umm... DOWNGRADED... Haha they claim they remodeled to bring in more items. COUGH COUGH bull shit COUGH COUGH! All furniture ceased to exist here on our very little base. And of course we dont have some MASSIVE SUV to haul things from another post. So we dealt with the mattress on the floor. Up until last February when I couldnt take it anymore and went in search of a Nice childrens German BED. I succeeded in that for our son and he got a really cool high bed with a ladder. Well, we decided to take our then almost 2 year old out of her crib and into the big bed. Leaving me again in the same scenario I was previously in. The DAMN bed STILL sitting on the floor. I had done it to myself again. I began looking in the American classifieds for a twin set. Everything I found was to far away , and no one would bring it to me. I mean , geez, my husbands deployed, honestly how do you think a 5 foot 3 inch 135lb chick can carry some massive bedroom set up 3 floors on her own. RIGHT??? Well, just the other day in the paper low and behold A BEDROOM SET!! IN MY AREA, AND they'll deliver TO ME!! YIPPEE!!! 2 whole years later I have succeeded and both kids have rooms. COMPLETE REAL ROOMS.



Almost complete... again with the whole shopaholic thing. My 4 year old has outgrown Thomas the train and its time to pass it on to someone else so we will redecorate his room when we move into that NEW house we have yet to find. But perhaps its out there somewhere waiting for me to decorate it to death.


Of course knowing me, If i redecorate my sons room I must do my daughters as well. So I have been glued to ebay the past few days, hoping and praying for a massive POTTERY SALE somewhere on ebay. Pottery barn,, my one true love.. NEXT TO THE HUBBY ! If I could move into a pottery barn I would , I truly would live in IT!


For your viewing pleasure you may enjoy there rooms from the web. And when I find that right Pottery Barn bedding there will be more PICS. Im off for superbowl preparties. Go Cardinals.. Damn steelers have to many rings!

0 comments: